Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Cleantech Panel: Catalyzing Cleantech - Where is the Money in 2013?
Thursday, March 21, 2013 from 3:00 PM to 6:30 PM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
Catalyzing Cleantech: Where is the Money in 2013?
Steady capital is a must for all companies. The first step in funding is knowing where to look. Every day, we read the depressing news headlines about cleantech investment "collapsing" in 2012, companies going out of business, investors shutting down funds or pulling out of cleantech investment but there are some bright spots in all the doom and gloom. Not all venture firms are joining the cleantech exodus. There is money for cleantech! On March 21st we will be highlighting firms that are actively investing in emerging cleantech companies and firms that have raised new funds with allocation for cleantech.
Topics to be covered include:
- Who is getting funding and why?
- What sectors are the most attractive?
- What are the new funds for early stage investments?
- What is new and what should we expect for 2013?
Join key players who are actively investing in cleantech, to discuss 2013 opportunities and trends to access capital for your emerging cleantech company.
Our Panel discussions are interactive, informal, and intend to be a candid conversation more than a presentation. We want you to walk away with the real story behind how things work so you can make it happen yourself. So bring your questions with you! Each Panel is followed by a Networking Reception.
- Bill Reichert, Managing Director, Garage Technology Ventures [launched a new Cleantech Investment Program, investing $500,000 to $5M in promising opportunities from seed to late stage companies]
- Ryan Kottenstette, Khosla Ventures [closed a $1.05B new fund in 2011 and announced in 2012 that they were ready to start raising a new fund called "Khosla Ventures Seed B"]
- Marty Reed, Principal, The Roda Group [recently lead investments in three early stage cleantech companies and is already working on follow-on investments in two of them]
- Todd Jaquez-Fissori, Senior Managing Director, Group Head, CleanTech, Hercules Technology Growth Capital [already committed more than $2.8B to over 200 companies]]
- Eric Wesoff, Editor in Chief, Greentech Media [elected "2012's Most Influential Journalist in Energy"]
For speakers' bios please visit our event webpage
3:00-3:30: Registration & Networking
3:30-5:00: Investor Panel and Q&A
5:00-6:30: Networking Reception
3175 Hanover Street
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Thank you to Cooley for hosting this event!